Monday, April 4, 2016

MUSICAL UPDATES - IT'S A LONG ONE READ THE WHOLE THING - THANKS!

Good Morning One and ALL - 

Long time no hear from, I do apologize for that!  This is a rather long winded email please bear with me to the end.

I wanted to take a moment to let you know all is going well for the show this season, and the kids are working hard.  I am proud of their efforts!  I know it will show when we get to the high school, in just two short weeks!  

This is such a pleasantly focused group the waiting their turn in the hallways has been fairly consistently quiet and they are ready to go at a moments notice on our makeshift "stage" in my classroom.

I also wanted to say thank you to everyone for making every effort to pick up your kids on time following rehearsal, I really am trying hard to stick to the exact times I have specified.  I appreciate your flexibility with the schedule to this point too.   The schedule following April break is even easier.  We are at the high school every day at school 2:30 - 5:00PM, the biggest change is your pick up location will be in FRONT OF THE HIGH SCHOOL after April break to the show.

I have some lists of signed up helpers from our parent meeting on March 16th, but if you are interested in running the ticket show, working with hair and make up come show week, handling food for the kids in the show for snacks and lunch on matinee day, teen-sitting in the afternoons so we have another set of eyes at the high school a couple days a week, soliciting for ads for the program, working and managing concessions for the shows themselves, painting the set either for covering purposes (usually done over April break) or detailed pieces, construction (also done over April break), or cutting and sewing costumes (bonus if you have your own machine) please please contact me via email ASAP.  If you signed up already look for emails in the very near future.  It's about to pick up pace!  Production I mean! ;)

I also wanted to give you a link to the shoes for our production if you haven't already purchased them.  Here is the link to the lyrical shoes that will stay on better than some of the others sold online when you type in toe thong, dance sandal etc.  That link is:



We ask that you let us know ASAP if you need financial assistance for this piece of the costume.  

Lastly, I just want to reiterate how grateful we are and will be for any and all help afforded our production.  It takes a village and we couldn't do it without you and your children.


Sincerely, Kristen Chapman - Director

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Ahead 4/22 - 4/26

 Monday 4/22 - ALL CAST Hartford High School 3 - 5 PM in the auditorium Tuesday 4/23 - ALL CAST Hartford High School 3 - 5 PM in the auditor...