Friday, March 5, 2021

TO THE CAST! the cast list will be published in one hour!

 Hello Everyone and Congratulations on making the decision to be a part of the Spring Musical!


THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR AUDITIONS, and your patience through the technological struggles, it's about time to get this show on the road!

Yesterday, I sent an email to the kids that were set to audition into the evening. The message from the second half of the email rings true. Please, read on, and again, for those that have seen these words already, it bears repeating!

It is so much fun to be a part of a show. Never forget that is or should be the MAIN reason to be a part of any production.  It is BRAVE to audition and to risk disappointment but you can choose to grow from every experience!

Our fantastic historic shows were because we had a lot of talented kids who yes, we believe were cast correctly, but someone else might have chosen differently. This doesn't mean we were wrong in how we cast our shows but these same shows would NOT have been fantastic if not for the kids who wanted to be there who were highly talented and lent their talents to the production no matter their role, principal, or ensemble.

Sometimes you are called back because you are being looked at for a potential lead, and other times we just need to see more from you, more focus, more whatever...but it also means that sometimes you will be cast in the ensemble, again or for the first time.  I can't tell you how to navigate your sadnesses and disappointments but I can tell you that you do have a choice in how it affects your overall experience and I trust that each and every one of my students knows how highly I regard you as humans! I love you all, and would not give out a lead only to ultimately hurt another of you...that's not in my DNA and it hurts my heart that any of you would ever think that!

I've been where you are, I have auditioned time and again and sometimes it worked out, I got the role I wanted, and other times it didn't. It is the nature of theater, as you know.

All this to say, I (we) value you, and admire your dedication to this craft which feels intimidating to so many.  No matter what the cast list says in an hour we are so proud of you and I (we) hope you will be proud of yourselves too! 

Several of you have been double cast, please read the list in its entirety.  

💟Ms. Chapman

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Ms. Chapman! And everyone did so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thankyou Mrs.Chapman!

    ReplyDelete

Week Ahead 4/22 - 4/26

 Monday 4/22 - ALL CAST Hartford High School 3 - 5 PM in the auditorium Tuesday 4/23 - ALL CAST Hartford High School 3 - 5 PM in the auditor...